Monday, July 21, 2008

08 STI Test Drive

The Subaru / Gary Fisher MTB team was doing a little promotion - test drive any '08 Subaru and receive a free biking jersey. Considering the fact that I was planning on swinging by the stealership for parts, I figured I would get a free jersey out of the deal. I thought I would have to just drive a Legacy or base WRX just for the freebee, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Usually Subaru doesn't let people test drive STIs, but I managed to take one out. Blue and gold is a little beat, I would definitely go with white on the 5 spokes, but that's just me. Had to keep it under 4k rpm (only had 50 miles on the ticker) but oh well. The power delivery was still there a lot sooner than the 2.0 WRX, but duh, bigger motor. It was nice checking out what a stock STI feels like since my only seat time with an '08 was with Cobb's car that I posted earlier. Seats were nice, but definitely less support than previous years. The ride was super nice too even over crappy roads and on the freeway. They definitely made the '08 STI more liveable which is a plus for me as a daily driver.

Too bad buying a house comes first right now otherwise I would be all over this car. I was just in it for the free bike jersey. (I'll post pics when it comes in the mail for those who care.)

No comments: