Sunday, May 18, 2008

I've officially gone Blu

Well since HD DVD has been dead for a little while, I decided it was about time to go from red to blue. The PS3 is probably the best BluRay player out there, so it works out.


I wasn't really pulling for either format to win, I just went with HD DVD since I had a 360 instead of a PS3 at the time. The HD DVD add-on cost me around 70 bucks, came with 6 free movies and eventually led to a $50 rebate from Best Buy once it's death was announced. Ended up being ~20 bucks for 6 movies and a player. Not a bad deal. All the fire sales that followed HD's demise helped out a little as well. Even though HD DVD was a more finished product, it still lost. But I digress..


First few BluRays so far - Cars, Hell Boy, I Robot - chosen to demo the format, and it was awesome. Cars looked absolutely incredible. I Robot's effects looked awesome along with the sound being amazing and Hell Boy was just beautifully detailed, colored, and bad ass.


Best Buy currently has a 2 for $30 sale on certain titles, so I picked up Pans Labyrinth and Blade Runner 5 disk special edition (they are normally over 30 bucks a piece). I picked these up after I got Hell Boy and The Rock with the same sale. It's worth checking out, in-store or online.


Seems like their $50 rebate plan worked since I went right back there with my gift card to buy BluRay disks, LOL. Worked out for me too, spent 10 bucks on 4 BD movies. Overall, really stoked on BluRay, have a few more movies coming from Amazon and I updated my Netflix account to send BDs.


The top rack of my movie storage is so colorful now. It's almost getting to be half and half. It should be full of pretty blue cases soon... I'm such a dork.

No comments: